Remedial massage is not a “style” of massage as such but the level of education obtained; the Diploma of Remedial Massage. This is different from Therapeutic Massage in the techniques used and the goal of the treatment.
Remedial Massage is the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and pain. During a session we are working towards a goal set by you, for example, easing headaches . Various techniques such Trigger Point Therapy, Cupping, Myofascial Dry Needling, Positional Release and Myofascial Release may be used.
What to expect during a session
- You will first be asked to fill out a form which I use to assess your current status, your goals for this session and how we will achieve them
- I will perform various assessment techniques to discover the cause of you concern
- We will both agree on the treatment to be performed so I am always working with you, you have control of your session
- After the treatment I will reassess your issue and ask for feedback
- We will both then discuss a treatment plan for you