Remedial massage is not a “style” of massage as such, but the level of education obtained; the Diploma of Remedial Massage.
This is different from Therapeutic Massage in the techniques used and the goal of the treatment. My aim during a remedial massage session is to restore functional movement.
Remedial Massage is the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and pain. During a session, we’re working towards a goal set by you; for example, easing headaches. In addition to Massage, various techniques such as Trigger Point Therapy, Cupping, Myofascial Dry Needling, Positional Release and Myofascial Release may be used.
What to expect during a session:
- You’ll first be asked to fill out a form which I use to assess your current status, your goals for this session, and how we’ll achieve them.
- I’ll perform various assessment techniques to discover the cause of your concern.
- We’ll both agree on the treatment to be performed so I’m always working with you; this way, you have control of your session at all times.
- After the treatment, I’ll reassess your issue and ask for feedback.
- We’ll both then discuss a treatment plan for you.