I will adhere to strict Health and Hygiene Policies. The safety of my clients is of paramount importance.
- I will ensure that my hands are washed or sterilised with an appropriate hand sanitiser or soap prior to and immediately after every treatment.
- I will ensure that any cuts or abrasions on my hands are covered by waterproof plasters or, if appropriate, with latex free gloves.
I will wash or sanitise my hands:
- Before and after contact with each client
- After contact with blood or body fluids
- After using a tissue or handkerchief
- After going to the toilet
- Before and after eating
- After answering the phone or touching any potentially contaminated objects, and before returning to the my client
- Towels or linens that are used for direct body covering during massage treatments are separated and are single use only. I launder these items in line with industry guidelines.
- If you are displaying any signs of illness, such as coughs, cold or fever, I request that you contact me as soon as possible and reschedule your appointment.
- Should I arrive at the treatment session and deem that it would be detrimental to my client to receive a massage, they may elect to reschedule or cancel the massage.
I do not:
- Perform massage when I have an infectious condition that could be transmitted by direct or indirect contact (flu, upper respiratory tract infections, gastroenteritis, MRSA, or highly contagious skin infections such as impetigo).
- Treat clients with an infectious condition that could be transmitted by direct or indirect contact (flu, upper respiratory tract infections, gastroenteritis, MRSA, or highly contagious skin infections such as impetigo).
- Reuse unwashed linen between clients.