Infection Control and Procedure Policy
I commit myself to the highest standards of practice and will ensure that that the health, safety and wellbeing of my clients is maintained at all times.
I will implement all infection control procedures applicable to a Professional Massage Clinic.
- Linen will be transported and stored to ensure its cleanliness at the time of use.
- All used/soiled linen will be stored in an appropriate manner to prevent cross contamination and accidental reuse.
- Any linen that is in direct contact with a clients skin is single use only. This linen will then be placed in a storage container after each session and be removed daily from the clinic to be laundered.
- When laundered, an antibacterial agent will be added to the wash cycle.
- Massage mediums (e.g. oils, creams, balms etc) will be stored in an appropriate container that prevents cross contamination and a single use spatula will be used for creams and balms.
- I will maintain personal hygiene at all times.
- I will wash and dry my hands before and after each treatment using industry recommended hand washing procedures.
- I will dry my hands using single use disposable towels.
- I will ensure that my fingernails are kept short and clean at all times.
- Any exposed areas of the massage table and bolsters will be cleaned and disinfected after each client.
- Any client who shows signs of illness and if I feel that the treatment would be a detriment to the clients health, may not be treated.
- At my discretion, I may wear latex free gloves during the treatment to protect both my client and myself. This includes instances where I may have cuts or injuries to my hands.